Coordinating beneficiary of ExperO3 is Vopak.


Vopak Chemical Terminals Belgium N.V. is part of Royal Vopak. Headquarter of Royal Vopak is located in the Netherlands. Royal Vopak is the world’s largest independent tank terminal operator, specializing in the storage and handling of liquid and gaseous chemical and oil products. On request, Vopak can provide complementary services for customers at its terminals.Vopak operates worldwide 80 terminals with a storage capacity of 28 million cbm in 32 countries. The terminals are strategically located for users and the major shipping routes. The majority of its customers are companies operating in the chemical and oil industries, for which Vopak stores a large variety of products destined for a wide range of industries.

Associated beneficiaries are RSK Benelux and Badeco.

RSK Benelux

RSK Benelux bvba is a member of RSK Group, whose headquarters are located in the UK. RSK Group integrates environmental, health, safety, and engineering services and employs over 700 people in Europe and Russia. RSK Group has a yearly turnover of € 74 million and is one of the top ten environmental companies in the world.
RSK Benelux is the Benelux branch of the Group and has several offices in Belgium, employing thirty people. Soil and groundwater remediation projects account for 97 percent of RSK Benelux’s turnover; the remaining 3 percent comes from due diligence projects and compliance audits. RSK Benelux is certified as a remediation specialist for the Flemish, Brussels and Walloon regions of Belgium. The company specializes in providing innovative solutions to clients’ complex soil and groundwater contamination problems. In recent years, RSK Benelux had completed pilot testing and implemented remediation activities for clients such as Shell, BP, Punch International, Agfa Gevaert, Vopak, BASF, Proviron Fine Chemicals, Kimberley Clark, PSR Brownfield Developers and governmental agencies.

RSK is ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 certified for quality, environmental management, and health and safety.


Since its foundation in 2002, Badeco bvba has focused on managing all aspects of safety related to environmental remediation projects. Badeco’s managing director is a certified lead auditor for Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance and is responsible for the certification of a quality and safety schedule developed for the Flemish soil decontamination sector.
Badeco has remediated the following types of soil contamination: aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons (fuel and solvent type), (acid) tar, chlorinated organic solvents, heavy metals, cyanides, and complex mixtures. The mayor remediation techniques the company employs are excavation, pump and treat, bioremediation, and in situ chemical treatment.
Badeco’s typical customers include (petro-)chemical factories, gas stations, pharmaceutical companies, the automotive industry, the metallurgic industry and chemical storage plants.


Our Partners

Coordinating beneficiary


Associated beneficiary




First phase of in-situ remediation completed. Second phase of in-situ remediation on-going, ISCO and SVE operational.